  From: Matt Bentley
  To: Gary Duncanson
  Cc: Joseph Brunner ; Cisco certification
  Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 6:21 PM
  Subject: Re: how long before my lab should I take a bootcamp?

  I've always heard that you imitate success.  I would be pretty surprised if
Joe, Narbik, Brian Dennis/McGahan, Scott Morris, or anyone else who is a
"mailer-list expert" has taken a boot-camp for their most recent CCIEs -
Practice is practice, regardless of whether you pay 15,000 for the opportunity
or not.  I can say this as I strongly endorse workbooks/mock labs, etc., for
InternetorkExpert and most of the other training companies.  If I were you,
I'd travel downstairs and lock myself down there for a while, eliminate all
distractions, and study.  This is essentially all bootcamps do, although they
charge a premium to do so.  As for timeframe, I'd recommend starting this
about 8-10 months before you want to have any semblance of balance in your
life again.

  On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Gary Duncanson