Re: ISL Trunks posted 05/30/2008

Shouldn't it be switchport trunk nonnegotiate for the last command disabling DTP
----- Original Message ----- From: "Z Linux" <z.linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 2:18 AM
Subject: ISL Trunks

Hi 2 All,

I have the following question in sequence ..... I have mentioned the answer as
well ; but it doesnt work??

If I enable Trunk on ports fa 0/23 -24 then Question(2) goes wrong?????
<Q1>Configure an ISL trunk between Sw1 and SW2 on port fa 0/23 -24

<Q2>configure such that you block VTP and DTP broadcast traffic on all
fastethernet of SW1 and SW2

<A1>SW1& SW2 ( ports fa 0/23 -24 )switchport trunk encapsulation ISLswitchport
mode trunk
<A2>SW1 & SW2vtp mode transparent ( # disabling VTP Traffic )int ran fa 0/1
-24switchport mode accessswitchport nonegotiate ( disable DTP Traffic )