Re: multicast within Layer2 VLAN / Red Hat cluster posted 05/30/2008

Hi Tom,

We are talking about a 6509-E platform (on both distributed core and
access). It does span multiple switches.

I have seen this link already:
1. enable PIM on the interface requires an IP address on the SVI. Not
2. IGMP Querier Feature requires an IP address on the SVI. Not allowed +
there are some nasty bugs
3. Static mrouter port is too static a solution
4. Static MAC address is too static a solution

I cannot use a static configuration as it's a DC environment. The
administrative overhead would be huge.
I like your VRF solution. It's inventive.