dot1x posted 01/06/2008

Hi,

I have doubt about dot1x configuration and I searched the DOC CD also but
its not getting clear.

Lets say I have to configure dot1x on 3560 and I want that if clients don't
support dot1x then place them in vlan 3, but if they support  dot1x and fail
authentication place them in vlan 4.

My doubt is do we have to configure " aaa authorization network default
group radius" to enable the change of vlan to guest or restricted according
to the authentication. Also what are the implications of not giving
command "aaa authentication login default line" when dot1x is enabled (got
confused with a post on GS regarding enabling dot1x and locking yourself
out).

Thanks

Deep