RED/WRED Qeustion posted 01/05/2008

Hi There,

Let's say I have a question on the lab, which says we need to avoid
congestion,
so when traffic utilization is at let's say 80 percent we have to start
dropping packets.

so we configure WRED, but the question is:
In WRED we can put minimum threshold and maximum threshold,
but they are given in queue size(how many packets we have in a queue right
now.).

So we can't be very precise as for 80 percent of bandwidth utilization.
how do we calculate many packets we have in a queue when it gets to  80
percent???

Thanks,