Re: ios bug OR am i missing something???? posted 01/03/2008

does the destination have a route back to the source.
You need to also do a traceroute.

Remember, ping works by sending traffic and receiving it hop-by-hop. so,
either

your packets aren't exiting the router (unlikely though) ... debug ip packet
detail on the router sending the ping
your packets aren't reaching the destination. ... "you can determine this by
debug ip icmp on the router receiving the pings.
or there's a problem somewhere in between the 2 routers, then you'll have to
troubleshoot it hop by hop.
your packets can't be sent back to your originating router as it doesn't
have a route back.

Joseph