From: Scott Vermillion [mailto:scott_ccie_list@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wed 12/19/2007 7:41 PM
To: Lora Ganeva; 'Edison Ortiz'; 'shiran guez'
Cc: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: rip networks filtering

Perhaps you should quote the task word-for-word, as we seem to be having
difficulty tracking what you are trying to accomplish.  I could have swore
that you said that the configuration was to be done on R1, which I would
think would qualify as "our device," but now I'm just totally confused.  As
for your statement regarding route updates, naturally 'no ip subnet-zero'
doesn't impact those *directly*.  But sometimes you have to think about what
the task is really trying to get you to accomplish and then think creatively
to try to get to that place.  If the task is about what ends up in the route
table, then your solution doesn't necessarily have to deal directly with
route updates.  Looking at this strictly from a binary perspective, I'm not
sure how you can accomplish the task with a two-line ACL.  That's why it
might be helpful for you to quote the task directly...