Re: OSPF ASBR redistribute posted 12/07/2007

ISP1 has Two connection -> BGP default-information origiate along with other
routes

ISP2 has one connection -> BGP default-information origiate along with other
routes

I want to redistribute BGP default route into ospf.  I tried "redistribute
bgp as# subnet route-map DEFAULT->OSPF". This did not worked. Then searched
on univercd ospf session, It says ASBR will not insert default route.
"default-information originate" will force to insert default route. However,
I wanted to updated default route information when BGP default route
information changed.

So I used default-information originate route-map DEFAULT->OSPF.

router ospf 200
 router-id 150.1.1.1
 log-adjacency-changes
 redistribute static subnets
 network 10.1.0.0 0.0.255.255 area 1
 network 150.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 0
 network 155.1.12.1 0.0.0.0 area 0
 network 155.1.13.1 0.0.0.0 area 1
 network 155.1.146.1 0.0.0.0 area 0
 default-information originate route-map DEFAULT->OSPF

route-map DEFAULT->OSPF permit 10
 match ip address prefix-list DEFAULT->ROUTE
!

ip prefix-list DEFAULT->ROUTE seq 5 permit 0.0.0.0/0

Then OPSF network has default routes and updated when BGP default route
changed.
This is what I wanted but I am wondering there are any better way doing
this.