Re: Frame-relay bridging - do spokes need to be configured as well? posted 11/25/2007

Gregory Gombas wrote:
Hello Experts,

When configuring frame-relay bridging in a hub and spoke frame-relay
setup, is it necessary to configure bridging on the spoke routers as
well?

Yes, it is. Routed and bridged traffic over Frame-Relay uses different encapsulation types. Packets bridged on Frame-Relay will have an encapsulated Ethernet frame. Do some debug frame packet on both the routed and bridged sides.

You can do a work around by putting an IP address on the bridged side and doing a static arp. We go into this in our Frame-Relay CoD, if you are interested.

Hth,

--

Bob Sinclair CCIE 10427 CCSI 30427 www.netmasterclass.net