Re: CCIE Lab Price Increase posted 10/20/2007
- Subject: Re: CCIE Lab Price Increase
- From: "John Sparton" <threeseashells@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 14:12:47 +0100
- Cc: nrf <noglikirf@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Darby Weaver" <darbyweaver@xxxxxxxxx>, smorris@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "Usankin, Andrew" <Andrew.Usankin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rahmlow, Howard F." <Howard.F.Rahmlow@xxxxxxxxxx>, sheherezada@xxxxxxxxx, "Burkett, Michael" <Michael.Burkett@xxxxxxxxx>, "Brad Ellis" <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Christopher M. Heffner" <cheffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Eric Dobyns" <eric_dobyns@xxxxxxxxx>, "Brian Dennis" <bdennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, comserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=DSSpA4zmMNOag4q02t2VE72nJnROgjZye3Mvx5Fav3s=; b=l81k1EACEHbqoeYYZT24Hf5jG+t9Krxm/MrPjMHhBHaWUYVft5F6aurAHx4dREv22zs8Nv7d9ueZIfUx2n5x6cCGmA8mYFDiMeKaQeE7lPWQN7RTB0x7RE+Haj8XIsDoRf0W7VyjJUpiMHez4kF2LOPpG55TbBFk+UDvI71GR54=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=uiATfAQaohEOtpw487iDeeSSLwYvFZIIzKnRMpbOCkjQRde/WAOJgl8bVbCYySpiMeV21K9lKK2ZZsraqUP8g+qXsaOuCxl/SufFmSspAGEinlV/V2lOrAmKZ6FupUbjRprxt46dU377BZrfnlf7wxzctfcjHSEEUsKZXyRJR50=
- In-reply-to: <86CFD002ACED554789355FBE569ED15C04737A1C@PLSWB12C.ad.sprint.com>
- References: <86CFD002ACED554789355FBE569ED15C04737A1C@PLSWB12C.ad.sprint.com>
Could people please return to the technicalities of studying for the lab and
let the subject of its cost rest? At least not email the study thread?
On 20/10/2007, Mohamed, Liban [NTK] <Liban.Mohamed@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nfr: did you attempt the lab yet. I hate to tell you this: life is not
> get use to it. You are winning, and no one cares. We are trying to study
> Sent by Good Messaging (www.good.com)
> -----Original Message-----
> From: nrf [mailto:noglikirf@xxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 05:59 AM Central Standard Time
> To: Darby Weaver; smorris@xxxxxxxxxxxx; 'Usankin, Andrew'; 'Rahmlow,
> F.'; sheherezada@xxxxxxxxx
> Cc: 'Burkett, Michael'; 'Brad Ellis'; 'Christopher M. Heffner'; 'Eric
> 'Brian Dennis'; ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
> Subject: Re: CCIE Lab Price Increase
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Darby Weaver" <darbyweaver@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: "nrf" <noglikirf@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <smorris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; "'Usankin,
> Andrew'" <Andrew.Usankin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "'Rahmlow, Howard F.'"
> <Howard.F.Rahmlow@xxxxxxxxxx>; <sheherezada@xxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: "'Burkett, Michael'" <Michael.Burkett@xxxxxxxxx>; "'Brad Ellis'"
> <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "'Christopher M. Heffner'"
> <cheffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "'Eric Dobyns'" <eric_dobyns@xxxxxxxxx>;
> "'Brian Dennis'" <bdennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <comserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2007 3:41 AM
> Subject: Re: CCIE Lab Price Increase
> > NRF,
> > Let's be fair - whether a guy who really wants thinks
> > he wants to be a CCIE pretty badly takes 20 shots at
> > the lab or more than 3...
> > He's paying for the seat. Right?
> > I mean he's working for the money or it is a benefit
> > from working somewhere or whatever, he's paying the
> > $1400.00 for the seat and a chance to spend 8 hours
> > doing a taste test on whatever the meal of the day is.
> > So if he's paying his money just the guy who may (or
> > may not pass) on the first try.
> > Is there really a point?
> Sure, there's a HUGE point. The 20-shot guy wanted it. But so did a
> first-time test-taker who wanted the same seat. That's the point. If
> you've already had 20 shots to pass the exam, I think it is fair for you
> step aside to let somebody else who hadn't even had ONE shot to go ahead.
> You can't just keep hogging the resources. THAT'S the point.
> The bottom line is that you're creating a problem for other people. Other
> people are being hindered from taking their shot at the exam because you
> the 20-timer) are evidently not properly preparing yourself for the exam.
> It's not fair to those people.
> Subscription information may be found at: