From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Brad Ellis
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 2:36 PM
To: smorris@xxxxxxxxxxxx; Christopher M. Heffner; Eric Dobyns; Brian
Dennis
Cc: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
comserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: CCIE Lab Price Increase

Scott,

I agree with you 100%. The main problem is the "qualification exam" ie,
the "written exam" isn't a very good measure of an engineer's readiness
to attempt the lab exam. I think there needs to be a legitimate
qualification exam that truly can attest to the level of the engineers
competency. For CCIE R&S, there used to be wireless on the written exam.
Now there is MPLS on the written. Both technologies not being covered by
the lab exam. How is this an accurate measure of the engineer's
abilities to attempt the lab exam? It's not! There needs to be a more
accurate measurement in place. Once that happens, I think the wait time
between attempts will diminish. I also think the length of time you have
to wait between attempts should correlate to your last lab exam score.
Opening up some more testing centers wouldn't be a bad idea either. Just
my $.02

thanks,
Brad Ellis
CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)
CCSI# 30482
CEO / President
CCBOOTCAMP - A Cisco Sponsored Organization (SO)
Email: brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Toll Free: 877-654-2243
Direct: +1-702-968-5100 = Outside the USA
Skype: skype:ccbootcamp?call
FAX: +1-702-446-8012
YES! We take Cisco Learning Credits!
Training And Remote Racks: http://www.ccbootcamp.com