Tricky Layer 2 Question posted 10/03/2007
- Subject: Tricky Layer 2 Question
- From: "Eric Dobyns" <edobyns@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 20:17:01 -0500
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcgGJER6hP7uzWv3QbKXm9C61/5N1A==
- Thread-topic: Tricky Layer 2 Question
Two devices speaking to one another via a non-routable protocol. One of
the devices has to be moved across a frame connection from the other.
How would I go about allowing the two devices to speak at L2 across a
wan link? I had thought about using NAT or proxy-arp, but if it is a
non-routeable protocol, they may be talking MAC address to MAC address.