Tricky Layer 2 Question posted 10/03/2007

Two devices speaking to one another via a non-routable protocol.  One of
the devices has to be moved across a frame connection from the other.
How would I go about allowing the two devices to speak at L2 across a
wan link?  I had thought about using NAT or proxy-arp, but if it is a
non-routeable protocol, they may be talking MAC address to MAC address.