To: "Venkey" <venkateshjaya@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: windows AD across wan link

Windows DC implementation uses DNS instead of NetBIOS. AFAIK, some people
still use WINS services for backward compatibilities, for the win9x pcs.

On 10/3/07, Venkey <venkateshjaya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All Thanks for ur input. just wondering whether need to configure "ip forward protocol udp netbios-ns" etc Does windows PC use any broadcase of netbios port when it tries to join the AD. If so, how this port can be forwarded to the hub site.

Tks.

On 10/3/07, Gary Duncanson <gary.duncanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Check global catalogue server, access lists, that kind of thing. Should
be
> lots of reference points to WAN authentication on technet.
>
> Gary

-- Huaweis' customers discovered Cisco's IOS bugs!