Re: I suck posted 09/06/2007
- Subject: Re: I suck
- From: sheherezada@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 10:50:39 +0300
- Cc: "Jorge Martinez" <jorge_bgp@xxxxxxxxx>, ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=disvRpmQWfkuLr9k83cCOJQn5cSyAEOB19zf6htWas0=; b=kMc93XPLoyBtzW+TQFCA1JailPRXzilBXsjVZ+Ipg3AxUfStvJqxUPa4tdp4rL/VlZiHQwkFHwkA+/TGWhekkXGpiEaUpIqgEZpWfWSsahibYfuWXtaP9yxBljoWg65cmA8by07Vo6HHFeaJ2ojAlYT3qm8dpQNtXgkljrPMNcM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=k2TxcnSySsJAuDVQV2sSm4isuhdfzePr8SnLVweQc5SRc/8nN151d2/k1fBLpwcPwHftHIVXCGjXhb/4mu99RdqFUjcQijk3UlWSzD4UA5mDANlAfA7seRXJ/oB92hLST4stsBt43I4yaEOgsLQXWzzQcxV62cDF8z11pt5uFJU=
- In-reply-to: <000001c7f023$e086ca00$6401a8c0@affmdlap>
- References: <email@example.com> <000001c7f023$e086ca00$6401a8c0@affmdlap>
Your determination is just amazing :)
About the wording. My feeling along my attempts was that the real lab
wording was more subtle than the workbooks wording: less
straightforward tasks, requirements hidden in other tasks or just
unverifiable tasks (think of optimization without specific target
parameters or something that you can verify only if you would have
access to the backbone). My advice is never assume anything if you
are not crystal clear about what is required, read the entire section
before configuring anything and do not over think (tasks just seem
more complicated than they really are - the actual solution, if you
knew it, is usually simple to configure). Anyway, ask the proctor for
task clarification without shame.
Of course, I don't say anything new, but I just can not keep myself
from saying how important time management and task interpretation
CCIE # 16616 (SP, R&S)
On 9/6/07, Joseph Brunner <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not long... I have already scheduled a lab date for next month.
> I encourage everyone else who fails to be as serious. In a few decades at
> best we'll be dead, lying in a nursing home with our bodies in stasis, or
> long forgotten by our grateful children. You don't have time to "see how my
> friend does on the lab", "Wait until my boss wants me to get my CCIE", I
> hear it all...
> I'm actually running a bunch of stuff through my lab tonight. I'll be
> reading the DocCD all weekend, analyzing the wording of the real thing again
> and again as I go, compared to the IE WB's and my own understanding how
> dependant tasks rely on early things... remember it's a challenge to build
> it, then not break it.
> I'll probably do about 120 hours hands-on and 100 hours reading the next
> month. I keep everything in excel sheets with notes about what to re-read,
> lab up. One thing I did this last time was make my own study notes based on
> the IE Labs, my vs. the brian's solutions, etc. Those should come in handy I
> expand my horizon on what is a possible challenge with seemingly simple
> stuff, etc.
> Have fun!
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jorge Martinez [mailto:jorge_bgp@xxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 9:04 PM
> To: Joseph Brunner; ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: I suck
> Congratulations that now you are confident on those
> points (and took them from that Monster !!!), and
> should be your motive to go for the third attempt, ...
> you know now how to get the hardest ones
> (BGP/QoS/Security) and go for the next ones !!!
> How long you will wait for the next one?
> --- Joseph Brunner <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Who gets all the BGP/QOS/SECURITY points and STILL
> > FAILS the LAB?
> > LOL,
> > Joe
> > Subscription information may be found at:
> > http://www.groupstudy.com/list/CCIELab.html
> Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
> Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search
> Subscription information may be found at: