BGP aggregate addresses posted 08/09/2007

Hi group,

My understanding of BGP aggregate addresses is that it will advertise
the aggregate if there is at least one network within the aggregate in
the BGP table. However, I have the following problem:

I am aggregating 10.64.192.0/19 from an iBGP peer which is a route
reflector client. It has loopbacks within this range, eg
10.64.200.1/24, but the aggregate only gets advertised if
10.64.192.0/24 is in the BGP table. Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks,
Patrick

--
You can't cheat death forever, but you can make the b!stard work for it.