Re: Exec Timeout vs. Session Timeout posted 07/27/2007

Hi Ovidiu,

I have a terminal server and a router (R1) connected to its async line.
Their config as follows:

Terminal Server
---------------
!
interface Ethernet0/0
 ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
!
line 33 48
 session-timeout 1
 no exec
 exec-timeout 60 0
 transport input all
!

Router R1 connected to line 33
------------------------------
!
line con 0
 exec-timeout 0 0
 password cisco
 logging synchronous
 login
!

If I do reverse telnet (command "telnet 10.1.1.1 2033") to R1 and login and
then leave the session idle, which "timer" (the line in terminal server or
the line in R1) determines the timeout and cut off the session?

Thank you.

B.Rgds,
Lim TS