RE: Question on Redistribution RIPv2 to BGP posted 07/24/2007

Hi,

What i would want to find out is that, given RIP and BGP running on the same
router. We change the default RIP AD to 220. So for instant, prefix Y is
learnt from RIP and suppose to be redistributed into BGP, BUT this prefix Y is
also been advertised by other BGP AS, so after changing the RIP AD, the router
with prefix Y - one coming from BGP (for this case this router is peering with
another IBGP router and that IBGP router learnt this prefix Y from external
BGP), one coming thru redistribution via RIP. But after we changed the RIP AD,
does this redistribution from RIP to BGP still appear?

cheers,

> Subject: RE: Question on Redistribution RIPv2 to BGP> Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007
07:36:49 +0100> From: subodh.rawat@xxxxxxxxx> To: jkoh.tt@xxxxxxxxxxx;
ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > Your question is little vague. But what I have
understood from you is> that you want to know what will happen in case iBGP
routes fail.....In> that case RIP route will publish in the global routing
table after some> time after iBGP fails and all dead time/hold time timer
calculations.> > > > > -----Original Message-----> From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of> Jeff Koh> Sent: Tuesday, July 24,
2007 11:36 AM> To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Question on Redistribution
RIPv2 to BGP> > Hi GS folks,> > This might not be related to the exam. Here's
the scenario, we have> segment Y redistributed from RIPv2 to BGP. This segment
Y is also being> advertised by the external BGP via another AS. We increased
the RIP AD> to 220 to make IBGP the prefer. Thus in the event that IBGP fails,
it> will take RIP path. Now on the local router, since IBGP routes with AD>
200 as the prefer, RIP will disappear from the routing table rite? Then,> what
will happen to the RIP redistribution to BGP? Since only routes> that appear
on routing table will then be redistributed?> > Thanks!> > cheers,> >
this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for
the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary,
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
email. www.wipro.com>
Did you know you can import your contact list from Microsoft. Office. Outlook.
or Outlook Express to Windows Live Hotmail?
http://get.live.com/mail/features