Re: Off the topic. What is the equivalent of IOS's "send *" in UNIX ? posted 07/15/2007

Cartman:~ bdennis$ echo Log off in 5 minutes! > message.txt
Cartman:~ bdennis$ more message.txt
Log off in 5 minutes!
Cartman:~ bdennis$ wall message.txt

Broadcast Message from bdennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
         (/dev/ttyp1) at 20:27 PDT...

Log off in 5 minutes!

Cartman:~ bdennis$

HTH,

Brian Dennis, CCIE4 #2210 (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security/SP)
bdennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Internetwork Expert, Inc.
http://www.InternetworkExpert.com
Toll Free: 877-224-8987
Direct: 775-745-6404 (Outside the US and Canada)