Re: How is default-information command under router eigrp used? posted 07/11/2007

Hi,

EIGRP don't utilize the default-information originate command, to advertise
default information --> add the default route statically and the do
redistribution.

Normally, exterior/default routes are always accepted and default
information is passed between EIGRP processes when redistribution occurs.
when doing so, we still need to confirm the following command to either
allow the sending or receiving of a default route (allowed by default):

Router(config-router)#default-information ?
allowed Allow default information
in Accept default routing information
out Output default routing information

HTH,