Re: do not send Eigrp Hello on interfaces posted 07/11/2007

Thanks for all responses.
I think the optin with net x.x.x.x 0.0.0.0 is the right one. I do not think that ACL is the soltion.

Also this problem rise another one.
What is the best way to announce net in a protocol?
Just to put the interface in the protocol with same command (where the protocol permit) or to announce the entire network?
What do you think about the grading in the real exam? I will get the points if i announce the /32 net. (of course if the task does not restrict me in any way, just says put this net/interface in the protocol domain)

Thanks

Dan C wrote:
Hi George,

If you need to add any other interfaces into eigrp you will need just to use
0.0.0.0 for them again eg:

router ei 100
net 1.1.1.1 0.0.0.0
net 1.1.2.1 0.0.0.0

this way no hellos will be sent out but on those 2 interfaces.... You can
verify using debug eigrp packets hello
Cheers,
Dan