Re: DHCP server Assigning Specific IP to client posted 07/02/2007

Tahnks for the reply. In my case, there's no other client.. it is between R3 (dhcp server) and SW1 (dhcp client). I've attempted to clear the binding numerous times, R3 just does not assign to SW1.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Avner Izhar" <aizhar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "spduo" <frenzeus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Cisco certification" <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 7:42 AM
Subject: RE: DHCP server Assigning Specific IP to client

Looks like there is some other client in the network who request the ip faster
then the one you are configuring.

You can try to find it by the mac address the will be displayed with 'show ip
dhcp binding', or you can configure static binding by following the
instruction in here:

Please note that the mac address listed in the 'show ip dhcp binding' will
start with two digit hardware type and then the actual mac address.

Avner Izhar
Technical Instructor
CCIE #15999 (Voice)
Voice: (702) 968-5100
Fax: (702) 446-8012
E-mail: aizhar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Network Learning Inc - A Cisco Sponsored Organization(SO) YES! We take Cisco
Learning credits!
Toll Free: 877-NLI-CCIE (877-654-2243)