Re: Lab Kit (NFR) posted 06/30/2007

Thanks for the input guys.

We have a couple of guys going for their CCIE at work (RS, Security and Voice) so will spec mainly 2811's.

How about this for a start:

Frame Relay Switch    1x 2811 with NM-8A/S
Access Server         1x 2811 with NM-16A and 2x CAB-OCTAL-ASYNC=
R1                    1x2811 with 2x WIC-1T
R2                    1x2811 with 2x WIC-1T
R3                    1x2811 with 1x NM-4A/S
R4                    1x2811 with 2x WIC-1T
R5                    1x2811 with 2x WIC-1T
R6                    1x2811 with 2x WIC-1T
BB1                    Use FR Switch
BB2                    1x2801
BB3                    1x2801 with 1x WIC-1T

4x WS-C3560-24TS-E
12x CAB DB60-DB60 Crossover (what is the cisco part number for this?)

I went with individual WIC-1T's to keep the interface types the same as the IE topology.

One question I have is if I use the FR switch as BB1, how does this work?

Thanks,
Jo

Brian McGahan wrote:
Check the price difference of 2811 vs 2801. 2811 supports more
software features and hardware modules and is a better long term
solution, especially if you want to expand to other CCIE tracks in the
future. For the backbone devices, frame relay switch, and terminal
server basically any platform will do.

	You can find a more detailed spec for our hardware topology
here:  www.internetworkexpert.com/resources/ccierack.htm

HTH,

Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593 (R&S/SP/Security)
bmcgahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Internetwork Expert, Inc.
http://www.InternetworkExpert.com
Toll Free: 877-224-8987 x 705
Outside US: 775-826-4344 x 705