Re: CAR posted 03/30/2007

I don't know what your specific requirements are, but here's my thought.
With an SVI, how would you determine the direction of traffic? IMO,
you would have to specify an inbound and outbound rate-limit in this
case to 'catch' all VLAN traffic.
Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Otherwise use some for of vlan-based policing to be able to specify an
aggregate rate regardless of the direction. I think this is what 'mls
qos vlan-based' was made for ;-)

Maureen