Re: CCIE R & S vs CCDP posted 03/29/2007

Hi:
Remember that CCDP overlaps CCNP. The common part between CCDP and CCNP is
fully covered in CCIE.
However, CCDP also deals with the architeture/methodology which is not
tested in CCIE. A CCIE candidate normally has years of hands-on experience
and therefore already understand te architeture portion.

Personally I would not do CCDP after CCIE.
I actualy did the reverse including CCNA, CCDA and CCNP. If you have the
extra money/time I would suggest you invest in another track such as
security.

RAM/12304

             Ananth Vk
             <ananth.vk@xxxxxx
             Sent by:                  ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             nobody@xxxxxxxxxx                                          cc
             .com
                                                                   Subject
                                       CCIE R & S vs CCDP
             03/29/2007 01:15
             AM

             Please respond to
                 Ananth Vk
             <ananth.vk@xxxxxx
                    m>

Hi All,

I'm aware of the value that CCIE carries and the difficulty level of the
exam.
I just wanted to know how much value does a CCDP carry ?

Does having a CCIE mean that you have CCDP capabilities or is there
something special
or significant with CCDP that's not there with CCIE ?

Will there be any necessity to go for CCDP after completing CCIE ?

I need this from two perspective, one is satisfaction & other is career
weightage/value

Anantha Padmanabhan V.K.
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: ananth.vk@xxxxxxx