From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 7:07 AM
To: Cisco certification
Subject: Frustrating - failed 1st attempt

I failed my 1st attempt yesterday at San Jose.

I'm extremely frustrated right now because I walked out believing I had
nailed it, yet I some how failed and I have no idea what went wrong.

I arrived 2 days head of time and got a great night's sleep before the
I finished the lab in about 5 hours and verified my configurations over
remaining three hours. Found a few minor issues and did some tweaking. I
asked the proctors for clarification on almost every question (Proctors
great and very patient) and got good feedback regarding the questions.
Reloaded the routers and checked everything again. I left with
working (except for 3pts of IP service which I intentionally did not do)
feeling like I had just kicked the lab's ass.

Then this morning I wake up to a score report that says I failed. What's
worse is I have no idea what I could have done wrong. There was nothing
the test that was difficult or I was not very familiar with. I even
several config's right from the doc CD where the command description
almost verbatim what they were asking.

Could I have gotten someone else's score report?

I'm sure many have thought the same thing. I'm just really frustrated as
don't know what I did wrong and I have no idea how to prepare for my

Time management was not an issue, stress was not an issue, technology
not an issue, and I'm pretty sure question interpretation was not an
Obviously there was some issue, but how do I find it? How do I found out
what I did wrong so I can correct it? Maybe technology was an issue.
Maybe I
needed more configuration or they were looking for a specific solution.
could I know?

Sorry for the whining...I'm just really frustrated...

(going to try to reconstruct the lab from memory and see if I can
where I went wrong)

Bored stiff? Loosen up...