Re: Multiple autocommands for a user posted 03/15/2007

Brian,

Thanks! I was thinking a tclsh script might work, but the big piece I couldn't figure out was how to get the script to stay with the router through a reload. Here is what I figured out I can do:

1) create a text file called sho_commands.tcl that has the following in it:
show run
show ver
show interfaces

2) tftp or ftp the tcl file to flash on the device

3) then on the device do this:

conf t
username dave pass cisco
username privilege level 15
username dave autocommand tclsh flash:sho_commands.tcl

This works! My only complaint is that I have to copy the tcl file from a tftp or ftp server to the device - any ideas on how to get around that?

thanks!
Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian McGahan" <bmcgahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>