BGP AS-No. posted 02/24/2007

Hi Guys,

Someone has asked me if the following scenario is "Solvable"

R1 (IP:1.1.1.1)
----------------------
router bgp 100
 neighbor 2.2.2.2 remote-as 200

R2 (IP:2.2.2.2)
----------------------
router bgp 200
 neighbor 1.1.1.1 remote-as 500 <---(intentional-mistake!)

Assuming that R1 does not know what the AS# that was configured on R2 - (if R1 knows then it can use the "neighbor 2.2.2.2 local-as 500" command to resolve the problem) - how can you figure out what AS# was configured on R2 so u can establish relationship?
Note: "debug ip bgp detail" won't show you that!

I tried to see IF the "wrong AS# 500" shows up in any of the communications debugs between R1 and R2 when they hardly try to establish the relationshops but i could not succeed!! Is it really possible to detect what AS# the remote router has configured for our router?

Best Regards,

Digital

*.* You'll NEVER succeed as a "CCIE" until you LOVE Cisco MORE than your sleep! *.*
I'm expected to be busy for the next 57 years + CCIE preparation adds on that a bit. Therefore, please be concise on your email. Thank you!

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/