first procedure in redistribution posted 02/15/2007

To prevent route looping.

As the first step, we want to make externally learned routes higher admin
distance than internally learned, right?

Unless that is not available (RIP), we don't start by tagging, right?

We tag when we need to manipulate which router shares particular loads to
some particular destinations, right?

John