Re: Etherchannel load balancing posted 02/12/2007

Well,

I think this is more related with what kind of traffic is running over the
port-channel as I have undertood it.

Imagine those two scenarios;

1) You have a port-channel (four interfaces in the bundle) going to a server
and this server is talking to four hosts. If you do src-mac or src-ip you
will use only one physical interface in the buddle since your  traffic is
coming from only one device

2) You have a vlan with four hosts talking to one server via a port-channel
(four interfaces in the bundle). If you use dst-mac or dst-ip you will again
use only one physical interface in the buddle since all the traffic is going
to the same host.

The example is a bit exagerated but I think you get the idea, it's really
depend on your traffic pattern.

Any more comments?

Fab