PIM-SM over P2MP non broadcast posted 02/08/2007

Group,

I have a P2MP network made of NON broadcast FR PVC. I wonder if it possible
to run PIM-SM over it after configuring on the serial interfaces 'ip pim
nbma-mode'.

According to the DocCD this command should unicast multicast packets over
non-multicast capable media, which is the case here.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cg/himc_c
/mcbatm.htm#wp1057850

Unfortunately I have not been able to have it working.

I manage to have multicast traffic going through the non-broadcast PVC after
configuring 'ip pim nbma-mode' and forcing a static join on the interface;

But I could not bring up PIM adjacencies.

Would that be possible at all? Any sample config?

Thanks,

Luca.