Re: ospf question posted 02/02/2007

Mabe what you are looking for is "capability transit" command:

* *

OSPF area capability transit is enabled by default, allowing the OSPF Area
Border Router to install better-cost routes to the backbone area through the
transit area instead of the virtual links. If you want to retain a traffic
pattern through the virtual-link path, this option should be disabled.

Router#Show ip ospf

 Routing Process "ospf 1" with ID 1.1.1.1

 Supports only single TOS(TOS0) routes

 Supports opaque LSA

 Supports Link-local Signaling (LLS)

 *Supports area transit capability*

Router(config-router)#no capability transit

* *

Router#Show ip ospf

 Routing Process "ospf 1" with ID 1.1.1.1

 Supports only single TOS(TOS0) routes

 Supports opaque LSA

 Supports Link-local Signaling (LLS)

* Does not support area transit capability*

* *