From: Greivin Viquez [mailto:gviquez@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 4:55 PM
To: Sequeira, Anthony (NETg); ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Simple question about the new Cisco CCIE LAB blueprint

Thanks Anthony for your opinion however it is important to notice that the
new SECURITY LAB exam blueprint does not include ANY routing protocol.

Here you have the details:

Lab Exam Blueprint v2.0
Please review the Lab Exam Overview for general information about the CCIE
Security lab exam. This lab exam blueprint v2.0 is a detailed outline of the
topics likely to appear on the lab exam effective January 2, 2007. Knowledge
of troubleshooting is an important skill and candidates are expected to
diagnose and solve issues as part of the CCIE lab exam. The topics listed
are guidelines and other relevant or related topics may also appear.
Candidates for lab exams scheduled on January 2, 2007 or later should
prepare using the v2.0 blueprints below. In general, new product features
become eligible for testing on CCIE lab exams six months after general
release.

Firewall
PIX and ASA Firewall
Basic Initialization
Access Management
Address Translation
ACLs
IP Routing
Object Groups
VLANs
AAA
VPNs
Filtering
Failover
Layer 2 Transparent Firewall
Security Contexts (Virtual Firewall)
Modular Policy Framework
Application-Aware Inspection
High Availability Scenarios
QoS Policies
Other Advanced Features

IOS Firewall
CBAC
Audit
Auth Proxy
PAM
Access Control
Performance Tuning
Advanced Features

VPN
IPSec LAN-to-LAN
SSL VPN
DMVPN
CA (PKI)
Remote Access VPN
VPN3000 Concentrator
VPN3000 IP Routing
Unity Client
WebVPN
EzVPN Hardware Client
XAuth, Split-tunnel, RRI, NAT-T
High Availability
QoS for VPN
GRE, mGRE
L2TP
PPTP
Advanced VPN Features

Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
IPS 4200 Series Sensor Appliance
Basic Initialization
Sensor Configuration
Sensor Management
Promiscuous and Inline Monitoring
Signature Tuning
Custom Signatures
Blocking
TCP Resets
Rate Limiting
Signature Engines
IDM
Event Action
Event Monitoring
IOS IPS
PIX IDS
SPAN, RSPAN
Advanced Features

Identity Management
Security Protocols (RADIUS and TACACS+)
Cisco Secure ACS Configuration
Access Management (Telnet, SSH, Pwds, Priv Levels)
Proxy Authentication
Service Authentication (FTP, Telnet, HTTP, other)
Network Admission Control (NAC Framework solution)
802.1x
Advanced Features

Advanced Security
Mitigation Techniques
Packet Marking Techniques
Security RFCs (RFC1918, RFC2827, RFC2401)
Service Provider Security
Black Holes, Sink Holes
RTBH Filtering (Remote Triggered Black Hole)
Traffic Filtering using Access-lists
NAT
TCP Intercept
uRPF
CAR
NBAR
NetFlow
Flooding
Spoofing
Policing
Fragmentation
Sniffer Traces
Catalyst Management and Security
Traffic Control and Congestion Management
Catalyst Features and Advanced Configuration
IOS Security Features

Network Attacks
Network Reconnaissance
IP Spoofing Attacks
MAC Spoofing Attacks
ARP Spoofing Attacks
Denial of Service (DoS)
Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS)
Man-in-the-Middle (MiM) Attacks
Port Redirection Attacks
DHCP Attacks
DNS Attacks
Fragment Attacks
Smurf Attacks
SYN Attacks
MAC Attacks
VLAN Hopping Attacks
Other Layer2 and Layer3 Attacks

Regards,

Greivin Vmquez
System Engineer

DESCA-S&S Centroamerica
Tel: (506) 586-6464
Fax:(506) 586-6590
gviquez@xxxxxxxxx
www.desca.com

Este mensaje contiene informacisn privilegiada, confidencial y protegida por
derechos de autor (C).  Si usted no es el receptor (es)  indicado en este
mensaje (o responsable de la entrega al mismo), no esta autorizado a
distribuir o entregar este mensaje a ningzn tercero, favor borrarlo y
notificar a SYS Telecomunicaciones no es responsable por daqos causados por
ningzn virus  que pueda ser transmitido por este correo electrsnico.  En
caso de archivos adjuntos, es responsabilidad del receptor la revisisn de
los mismos.
                     ****************************
Privileged, Confidential and (C)opyrighted Information is contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee(s) indicated in this message (or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person), in such case, you
may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, you should destroy this
message and notify SYS Telecomunicaciones immediately. If you or your
employer does not consent to Internet e-mail messages of this kind, please
advise the sender immediately. Please note that SYS Telecomunicaciones  is
not responsible for any kind of damages caused by any viruses that may be
transmitted by this email.  It is the recipient responsibility to scan the
attachments, (if any).