RE: IP Addressing. posted 01/24/2007

>From the IP addressing it appears you are doing IEWB-RSv4 Lab 7 and from
the problem it appears you didn't solve the 3 troubleshooting issues in
the beginning of the lab ;-)

The issue is the "no ip subnet-zero" command from the initial
configurations.

Brian Dennis, CCIE4 #2210 (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security/SP)
bdennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Internetwork Expert, Inc.
http://www.InternetworkExpert.com
Toll Free: 877-224-8987
Direct: 775-745-6404 (Outside the US and Canada)

-----Original Message-----
From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
deji500@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 4:20 PM
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IP Addressing.

HI

I am going crazy here, i need someone to please explain to me why the sw
returns the following message when i enter the IP address:

Rack1SW1(config-if)#ip address 163.1.0.7 255.255.255.0
Bad mask /24 for address 163.1.0.7

Do i have bad eyesight or is my brain no longer functioning due to
tiredness?
please help