From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Salman Abbas
Sent: 16 January 2007 11:59
To: Cisco certification
Subject: Strange VTP problem

Hi GS,

I'm pulling my hair as I cant figure out why VTP is not getting
synchronized between two directly connected 3550 switches. SW1 is server
and SW2 is client. I've created a few VLANs on SW1 but they are not
being propogated to
SW2 via VTP. Domain name is VTP01 and no vtp password has been
configured.
>From my experience the MD5 digest of two switches must be the same if
they are to exchange VLANs. In this case however, I cant get them to be
the same even though both switches have identical vtp configuration.

The show vtp status command output for the switches is as follows:
PLEASE help guys!!!!

SW1(config)#do sh vtp sta
VTP Version                     : 2
Configuration Revision          : 0
Maximum VLANs supported locally : 1005
Number of existing VLANs        : 12
VTP Operating Mode              : Server
VTP Domain Name                 : VTP01
VTP Pruning Mode                : Disabled
VTP V2 Mode                     : Disabled
VTP Traps Generation            : Disabled
MD5 digest                      : 0x15 0xD2 0x16 0x8B 0x2B 0xAB 0x98
0x4B

SW2(config)#do sh vtp sta
VTP Version                     : 2
Configuration Revision          : 0
Maximum VLANs supported locally : 1005
Number of existing VLANs        : 5
VTP Operating Mode              : Client
VTP Domain Name                 : VTP01
VTP Pruning Mode                : Disabled
VTP V2 Mode                     : Disabled
VTP Traps Generation            : Disabled
MD5 digest                      : 0x9F 0x69 0x29 0xFF 0xA1 0x48 0xB4
0xAB

Thanks in advance!!!!

Regards,
Salman