Re: OSPF with PIM DR posted 11/26/2006

PIM should not interfere with your OSPF deployment since OSPF uses link-local multicast groups and PIM works with all but link-local ones.

serdar kut wrote:
hi group,

in a multicast access environment like ethernet or frame-relay,
assume that we have ospf adjaceny. and after so, we enable
pim on this multiaccess network on all ospf neighbors.
then naturally pim will select a DR for this network.after that
selection, only the DR will be able to send ospf hellos to, am I right? so it will cause ospf adj to be down.
am I right or missing something?

any reply will be apreciated