Re: BGP Templete posted 11/25/2006

Surfing through DocCD result me to peer-policy has command that applied inside
addess-family to concrete one. As for peer-session has general configuration
keyword wich applied to common session parameters.
The same you can see from sh ip bgp nei command peer-session immediately after
neighbor definition (in example SESS) and peer-policy after defining Address
Family (in example below POL)

Router#sh ip bgp neighbors 1.1.1.1
% BGP cannot run because the router-id is not configured

BGP neighbor is 1.1.1.1,  remote AS 3216, external link
 Inherits from template SESS for session parameters
  BGP version 4, remote router ID 0.0.0.0
  BGP state = Idle
  Last read 00:16:25, last write 00:16:25, hold time is 180, keepalive
interval is 60 seconds
  Message statistics:
    InQ depth is 0
    OutQ depth is 0
                         Sent       Rcvd
    Opens:                  0          0
    Notifications:          0          0
    Updates:                0          0
    Keepalives:             0          0
    Route Refresh:          0          0
    Total:                  0          0
  Default minimum time between advertisement runs is 30 seconds

 For address family: IPv4 Unicast
  BGP table version 1, neighbor version 0/0
 Output queue size : 0
  Index 0, Offset 0, Mask 0x0
  0 update-group member
  Inherits from template POL