Re: IP Event Dampening posted 11/19/2006

nice post, mate!
I have expected something like this.

cheers,
A.

Ivan wrote:
Briefly about M flapps in N seconds can be expressed next formula.

half-life time = N sec
penalty = 1000
suppress value = (M + 1) * penalty / 2 [+/-1]

Let calculate both extremums minimum and maximum.

Minimum) Suppose (M-1) flaps appear during first second, then penalty will (M-1)*penalty. After half-life time penalty will (M - 1) * penalty / 2. Last flap appear on the last second (+ penalty). Totally last compound penalty will (M - 1) * penalty / 2 + penalty = (M + 1) * penalty / 2
Maximum) All flaps appear at the same time. M * penalty.

Difference betweeen this values (M-1)/2*penalty. This difference is always > 0 f M > 1 (ie flap count above one).

[+/- 1]) it is the same as 16:59 and 17:00 discussion can be founded in GS.

Suppressed value must be minimum of these values: min((M+1)*pen/2, M*pen)
if(M == 1) both value equal if(M > 1) (M+1)*pen/2

Verify:
1) "2 flaps in 15 sec"

half-life time = 15 sec
penalty = 1000
suppress value = (2 + 1) * 1000 / 2 = 1500 [+/- 1]

2) "3 flaps in 30 secs"

half-life time = 30 sec
penalty = 1000
suppress value = (3 + 1) * 1000 / 2 = 2000 [+/- 1]