Re: Multilink PPP over FR posted 11/16/2006

Correct, the other side does not have "frame-relay
switching" or "frame-relay intf-type dce".  As
mentioned earlier, this sample config is just for
multilink Frame, not multilink ppp over FR. (I misread
the original post at the time. )

--- Adhu Ajit <adhu_ajit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Marvin, in your config, you seem to mark the
> frame-relay connection as "dce". How does the other
> side of the config look ? Because it can't be a
> "dce" on both ends. I'm assuming that the other side
> has pretty much the same config without the DCE or
> are there any other caveats ?
>
>   Thank you.
>
> Marvin Greenlee <marvingreenlee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   Config is fairly straightforward.
>
> **********
> frame-relay switching
>

> interface MFR1
> no ip address
> frame-relay intf-type dce
> !
> interface MFR1.32 point-to-point
> ip address 150.50.69.1 255.255.255.252
> frame-relay interface-dlci 32
>
> interface Serial0/2/0
> no ip address
> encapsulation frame-relay MFR1
> clock rate 2000000
> !
> interface Serial0/2/1
> no ip address
> encapsulation frame-relay MFR1
> clock rate 2000000
>
> **********
>
> What specific questions do you have about the
> feature?
>

> Thanks,
> Marvin
>
> --- Adhu Ajit wrote:
>
> > Is this an item that one should consider covering
> > for the lab exam ?
> >
> > The Cisco documentation on this is not very
> > adequate; hence, not able to get a grasp of this
> > feature.
> >
> > Thanks.

> beta.
> http://new.mail.yahoo.com

> Sponsored Link
>
>    Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan
> for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre