RE: redundant virtual links posted 11/15/2006

Brian, does this fall under your definition of sub-optimal routing as well:

  "RIP is redistributed into OSPF at 2 routers. Because of the redistribution a boundary (between RIP and OSPF domains) prefer the roundabout OSPF routes than the shorter RIP routes"

  In the above case, even though the question did not explicitly ask us to address this scenario, should I or should I not fix this problem ? I

  Thanks in advance.

Brian Dennis <bdennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Only take suboptimal routing and redundancy into account if the lab asks
for it. Remember that the CCIE lab is not a design test or a test of
best practices for use in the field.

HTH,

Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security)
bdennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Internetwork Expert, Inc.
http://www.InternetworkExpert.com
Toll Free: 877-224-8987
Direct: 775-745-6404 (Outside the US and Canada)