RE: VOIP Over NAT+VPN posted 11/14/2006

What about using a non-Cisco Proprietary IP Softphone over Cisco VPN
Concentrator and then through a Checkpoint Firewall

Eriksson CallManager ------------ Checkpoint Firewall -------- VPN
Concentrator ----------- Internet ----------- Remote ADSL Router -------
Cisco VPN Hardware Client (Network Extension Mode) ------- Remote Client
PC(SoftPhone Installed)

I've tried to get this setup working, but the Eriksson Softphone appears
not to work fine, couldn't have been the Firewall as I've checked the
logs on Checkpoint and there is no traffic blocked!!

It's really driving me mad! I wonder how my CCIE Lab Exam will drive me
in March then .....?

Many Thanks

Olayemi Salau

Network Analyst

I.T. Solutions Division

Southampton City Council

( 023 8083 4070   7  077 8811 2036 3 079 5825 7509

* olayemi.salau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be aware that the unauthorised use or
disclosure of the information it contains, or the unauthorised copying
or re-transmission of the e-mail are strictly prohibited. Such action
may result in legal proceedings. If the e-mail has been sent to you in
error, please accept our apologies, advise the sender as soon as
possible and then delete the message. Under the Freedom of Information
Act 2000 / Data Protection Act 1998, the contents of this e-mail,
whether it is marked confidential or otherwise, may be disclosed. No
employee, Councillor or agent is authorised to conclude by e-mail any
binding agreement with another party on behalf of Southampton City
Council. The Council does not accept service by e-mail of court
proceedings, other processes or formal notices of any kind without
specific prior written agreement. E-mails to and from Southampton City
Council may be monitored in accordance with the law