Re: Does ISL Support...........? posted 11/13/2006

exactly!
cheers, mate! :-)

Venkatesh Venkatesh wrote:
All frames should be tagged in ISL bit not the case is 802.1Q

REF cisco.com

"In an ISL trunk port, all received packets are expected to be encapsulated
with an ISL header, and all transmitted packets are sent with an ISL header.
Native (non-tagged) frames received from an ISL trunk port are dropped.

An IEEE 802.1Q trunk port supports simultaneous tagged and untagged
traffic. An 802.1Q trunk port is assigned a default Port VLAN ID (PVID), and
all untagged traffic travels on the port default PVID. All untagged traffic
and tagged traffic with a NULL VLAN ID are assumed to belong to the port
default PVID. A packet with a VLAN ID equal to the outgoing port default
PVID is sent untagged. All other traffic is sent with a VLAN tag.
"

- Venkatesh