From: Jian Gu [mailto:guxiaojian@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 10:07 AM
To: Michael Zuo
Cc: Hafizur Rahman (Europe); ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: local policy route-map not working for me

Small correction, for traceroute you do need to match UDP, your
configuration works with ping.

On 11/8/06, Jian Gu < guxiaojian@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:guxiaojian@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

This configuration should work (and it works in my setup), the reason
your original configuration did not work is not because it is a prefix
list, it is because your prefix list was not configured correctly. When
Cisco IOS router does a ping it will consult its unicast routing table
and use the IP address of outgoing interface's IP address as Ping
packet's source IP address.

On 11/7/06, Michael Zuo < mzuo@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mzuo@xxxxxxxxxxx> >