local policy route-map not working for me posted 11/07/2006

Hi All,

I am having a problem with my local policy routing and can not figure
out why it is not working:

R3, R4 and R6 forms a triangle

Between R3, R4:

Between R3, R6:

Between R4, R6:

R4 also have IP address

OSPF is configured in a way that ping from R6 to would go thru
R3 first (R3 touches area 0)

I am trying to use policy routing to route ICMP from R6 directly over
the connection between R4 and R6 which is not in OSPF

router ospf 1

 network area 3

 network area 3

ip local policy route-map PING

ip prefix-list 10 seq 5 permit

route-map PING permit 10

 match ip address prefix-list 10

 set ip next-hop

R6(config)#do trace

Type escape sequence to abort.

Tracing the route to

  1 0 msec 0 msec 4 msec

  2 28 msec *  28 msec

R6#sh ip loc pol

Local policy routing is enabled, using route map PING

route-map PING, permit, sequence 10

  Match clauses:

    ip address prefix-lists: 10

  Set clauses:

    ip next-hop

  Policy routing matches: 5 packets, 320 bytes

Which means R6 still go thru R3 first before getting to R4!! Also, the
packet count in "sh ip loc pol" does not increase

Am I missing something obvious?  How do I debug further?

Thanks a bunch!!