To: "dampened" <cheechew@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "Cisco certification" <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 11:43 PM
Subject: RE: ipv6 over gre tunnel

GRE IPv6 is the GRE protocol inside the IPv6 stack.  This would
be used for tunneling other protocols like IPX or IPv4 over an IPv6
network.  If you want to tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 just use the default
tunnel mode of IPv4 GRE.  Change your tunnel mode and assign an IPv6
address to the tunnel and you're good to go.

HTH,

Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593 (R&S/SP)
bmcgahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Internetwork Expert, Inc.