Rate limiting - calculating bc and be. posted 10/26/2006

Hello all.

I've seen a few threads on the archives on this, but still no
definative answer that looks concrete to me.
If we have the two scenarios
below I'd like to know the CCIE lab way of calculating this.

1.  We need to
police outbound to 3MB and have a normal burst of 200K and then a maximum
burst of 300K.

2. We need to simply rate limit outbound to 3MB.  Again, what
are the bc / be values and how are they calculated?

I've seen many threads on
using CIR/8 * 1.5 etc,but am still confused as to what the correct lab answer
should be.

Thanks,
Andy.

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com