Re: OT: Multicast Test Application posted 10/17/2006

a couple of things from outside the list

vlc-0.8.5-win32.exe

UDPMulticastTest.exe

HTH
A.

on 10/17/2006 11:38 AM Frank wrote:
Michael Brooks schrieb:

http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Iperf/

Is also good to generate mcast streams. Used it and works fine. It's just random data though.

Frank
All,

Does anyone know of a multicast test application that I can load on my
laptop/pc and create a multicast source ? What I am looking for is a simple
application that can source a multicast stream such as audio. The
destination ip address of the stream will need to be able to be
configured to a reserved multicast address 239.x.x.x . Also, once I am
sending the stream, I will need a way for users to join the multicast stream
and receive the audio. Any suggestions whould be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael Brooks
CCIE# 16027 (R&S)