Re: EIGRP stub router ! posted 10/16/2006

Stephen,
               Yes. you can configure one router as stub and others as normal  eigrp routers. If any route moves to active state, the routers will not  send query to eigrp neighbor configured as stub. Let me know if this  answers your query.

    Regards,
    Nagendra

"Skinner, Stephen" <Stephen.Skinner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Guys,

I have 4 routers in my lab all running EIGRP AS 100

I have not tried this , but

Is it acceptable to have one router in this AS as a stub  , and the rest
not.??

I know this is NOT acceptable with OSPF .

TIA

Thanks

Stephen Skinner

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

This  e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If  the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please  return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the  message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily  secure. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility  for changes made to this message after it was sent.

Whilst all  reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it  is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward  transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will  not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted  by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient  should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers  appropriate.