Re: EIGRP stub router ! posted 10/16/2006
- Subject: Re: EIGRP stub router !
- From: nagendra kumar <nagendranainar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:57:00 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.co.in; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Py14SwdeN6GH5yc4I7rvrR7YcK8QdOrjXOykKhOfkfN9BSQgCr+Dwsd31yk/8y/whKN+zxBnLYbApZMP7nmETbJEiZ+vXzrQlgebnzs04qTztLLPS64lL2ADHWk+5avgjgEt8nE4h4H0ZOFs6m7DkV0N6IXeEHcHnziKKjw5JTo= ;
- In-reply-to: <A189D4E1E6F2D511B2F70002A5C8AF121840C4E8@rlgoodtacx5.server.rbsgrp.net>
Yes. you can configure one router as stub and others as normal eigrp routers. If any route moves to active state, the routers will not send query to eigrp neighbor configured as stub. Let me know if this answers your query.
"Skinner, Stephen" <Stephen.Skinner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Guys,
I have 4 routers in my lab all running EIGRP AS 100
I have not tried this , but
Is it acceptable to have one router in this AS as a stub , and the rest
I know this is NOT acceptable with OSPF .
The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.
Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.
Subscription information may be found at:
Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2"/min or less.