Re: OT: VOIP question posted 10/09/2006

Thomas,

Check the following links. They explain it all.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010ae1c.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080147524.shtml

HTH,
Hooman Parta

Thomas wrote:

  Hi All,

  In a book I read the following description under a section "Matching Inbound
  Dial Peer":
  1. Inbound POTS dial peers are associated with the incoming POTS call legs of
  the originating router or gateway.
  2. inbound VOIP dial peers are associated with the incoming VOIP call legs of
  the terminating router or gateway.

  I don't understand their meaning and how they are related to the sequence
  matching inbound dial peer: incoming called-no, answer address and destination
  pattern?

  Please help to explain.

  Thank you very much.

  Regards,