Re: OT - Booting 3640 router from PCMCIA flash cards posted 10/02/2006

Hi.

From my experience with 1600 series, one can combine Flash card and no -removable Flash to get a continuous file system.

Kingston says there is 16Mb maximum supported with Flash card, but 32 with Flash module for 3640.
http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator_new/modelsinfo_disc.asp?SysID=4413&mfr=Cisco&model=3640+Series&root=us&LinkBack=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kingston.com&Sys=4413-Cisco-3640+Series&distributor=0&submit1=Search

But MemoryDealers sell 20Mb Flash card for 3640
http://www.memorydealers.com/36rflme2.html

HTH A.

CCIEin2006 wrote:
Does anyone have experience booting a cisco 3640 from PCMCIA flash cards?

Can you tell me what is the largest size PCMCIA card that will work with the
3640?

Also if I were to use two 16MB PCMCIA flash cards can I install a 32MB IOS
on it or does the IOS treat them as two separate file systems?

Thanks in advance.