From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Victor Cappuccio
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 04:28
To: 'Chris Broadway'; ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: NBAR

Hola Chris :D

I think  that NBAR was a weed thing when got developed ;)

It takes your outgoing requests, and then recognizes the traffic that comes
back,

Example of all this Jumbo Mumbo, using this topology

Sw1 ------ R1 f0/0 ------ WebServer(Sw2)

Configuration:

Sw1#copy http://151.1.8.8/l.gif null:

BB1-TS#1
[Resuming connection 1 to R1 ... ]

R1#
R1#show policy-map int f0/0
 FastEthernet0/0

  Service-policy input: IMAGENES_DROP

    Class-map: CLASE_IMAGENES (match-any)
      6 packets, 1363 bytes
      5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
      Match: protocol http url "*.gif"
        6 packets, 1363 bytes     <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Have Pkts Matched.......
        5 minute rate 0 bps
      drop

    Class-map: class-default (match-any)
      8 packets, 578 bytes
      5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
      Match: any

R2#show run int f0/0
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 243 bytes
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
  service-policy input IMAGENES_DROP
end

R1#

Sw2#show run | in http
ip http server
ip http path flash:

Sw2#show flash: | in gif
   88  -rwx        8558   Mar 1 1993 03:34:35 +00:00  l.gif

Saludos,
Victor.-